Monday, September 11, 2006

Allegro - Marionette



"Allegro" is a marionette. He is a shadow character expressing the parts of ourselves we tend not to want to look at. As a result, the shadow gets projected onto others, (sometimes even collectively as is the case with nations). My personal feeling is that a lack of acknowledgment of our shadow results in people cut off to parts of themselves. I used Allegro to visually create a placeholder for the feelings in myself that were "twisting" me up. Out of all my characters, this icon is most beloved by me for his awkwardness and honesty. Best to bring him into the light so that he can be embraced.Funny the reactions he's received. Interacting with 6 year olds he stated that he would understand if they did not want to play with him, because he is so ugly. "No Allegro" their voices rose up in a chorus, "We think you are beautiful!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home